As usual I was running around at the last minute before Easter trying to get my table and food looking the best I could. So, apologies for my Easter posts coming after Easter, but hey I think the tree could be cute wedding table decor.
I love Easter trees and have made several over the years. From the bird-filled one of 2009 or last year's cherry blossom sprigs in a vase. This year I wanted to make my Easter tree look like a mini potted tree. After gathering a couple of handfuls of twigs in the local woods I used a similar method to my Halloween tree but this time doing it in soft pastel shades of green.
I also wanted to add flowers and went for making my own paper ones so I could match the colours perfectly to my Easter colour palette. I then hung hand painted butterflies, hand decorated eggs and handmade birds, all in my Easter colours. Unfortunately I ran out of time and only finished a couple of my birds (free pattern and how-to coming soon!). I think the fabric birds would look cute around the house at any time of year!
What you will need:
Pink paper filler
Pale green paint
Apple green paint
Pink paper flowers
Blue paper flowers
Easter hanging butterflies
Hand-painted surprise eggs
Candy filled Easter eggs
Polka dot Fabric birds
- Lay branches out on newspaper
- Spray branches with white paint and leave to dry
- Arrange branches together and wrap in masking tape to secure
- Paint plant pot, leave to dry
- Place branches in pot and fill with small pebbles, pour PVA over the top of the stones and leave to dry
- Paint branches with pale green paint
- Attach pink and blue flowers to the branches using glue gun
- Cover pebbles in pot with pink paper filler
- Paint plastic leaves and leave to dry
- Attach leaves to branches using glue gun
- Hang butterflies
- Hang eggs
Have a sweet day!